Camel Riding and Canoeing Safaris
Northern Circuit, Southern Circuit, Eastern Circuit, Western Circuit
We run Camel riding ventures in the Meserani/Mkuru areas in Arusha, where you can expect a great quality of service and undertake a once in a life time experience.
Please contact us and enjoy our hospitality as we are waiting for you.
We run safaris conducted in Lake Duluti, Manyara or Momella, which are run by our highly trained and qualified Guidse who each have their own unique knowledge of the local Flora and Fauna found in the respected areas. The trips last for half a day, an all refreshments are provided.
- In Momella Lake, the Buffalos can be clearly seen from a very close range, giving you a taste of the true nature of Africa.
- In Lake Manyara and the Momella lakes the Flamingos flock in great number and can be seen on mass from great distances, and Lake Duluti has a particularly wide range of many different beautiful bird species.
Horse Riding tours
Usariver horse riding has over 200 quality horses to choose from, allowing us to cater for the exact needs of all riders. Our friendly staff will select a horse to suit your riding ability, from gentle horses for beginners to more challenging horses for experienced riders. Individual instruction is given to all riders prior to departure and roving supervisors are on hand to assist riders if required. Visitors to Glenworth Valley have the option of free-range riding or guided riding.
Guided horse riding is suitable for riders of all abilities, with no previous horse riding experience required. Instruction on control and management of your horse is given before leaving the yards and a professional and friendly guide will accompany you on your ride. You will be shown the features of the area while riding and once you feel proficient and confident with your horse you may be able to leave the group and explore the valley at your own pace.
Free-range horse riding is available for experienced riders who feel confident with their horse and who wish to explore the valley at their own pace. All riders are given instruction on control and management of the horse before leaving the yards to ride wherever they like without a guide. In order to go free range riding we like you to have ridden at least 50 times before however the final decision regarding rider experience and ability for free range riding rests with the Yard Manager on the day.
Lead ponies/horses are available for children aged 3 to 10 years old, for 1 or 2 hours. An adult is required to lead the pony/horse from the ground. For children under 5 years old we recommend 2 adults; one to lead and one to walk beside. Up to 4 children can share the lead pony in one hour (one at a time).
Bringing your own horse Bring your own horse to our property for the day $45.00 per horse
For more information or to make a booking, please contact our office on or book online.
Important information and rider restrictions
- The wearing of a helmet is compulsory for all riders. You are welcome to bring your own horseriding helmet, may purchase one from us or hire one from us for $5 each.
- Helmet hire is free of charge for children under 18 years.
- The minimum age for trail rides is 7 years old. Children aged under 7 years may enjoy a lead pony/horse ride.
- Please be advised that all horse rides are subject to availability of a suitable horse.
- For safety and animal welfare reasons, usariver has a maximum weight limit of 110kg.
- Please be aware that our maximum weight limit may be lower than 110kgs and is subject to variation on a daily basis according to what horses are available for work on the day that you attend.
- In addition to a person's weight, whether we have a suitable horse available also depends upon a riders height to weight ratio, riding experience, general muscle tone and fitness levels.
- As such, usariver is unable to guarantee that a suitable horse will be available for you on the day of your ride, however every effort will be made to provide you with a suitable mount.
What to wear and bring
- We recommend full length pants, jodhpurs, moleskins and jeans are ideal.
- Footwear needs to be fully enclosed such as horse riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel. If you don't have these, we have riding boots available for hire or you can wear runners or sandshoes however they are not recommended. Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread pattern are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks and the like are not permitted to be worn whilst horse riding.
- Depending on the weather we suggest bringing sunscreen, insect repellent & brimmed hat.
- Usariver sells sunscreen, insect repellent, caps and shirts.
- A cafe is open serving food and beverages most weekends and vending machines operate all week with drinks and snacks.
Camping at Glenworth Valley
After horse riding why not take some time out to enjoy yourself with a night under the stars in unspoilt surroundings. Relax in 200 acres of secluded riverfront camp sites or build a camp fire and wake up to a fun-filled day of adventure activities. We are located just 20minutea from arusha town
Itinerary/s to Safari Type
- Send Enquiry Camel Riding and Canoeing Safaris
Hi there, your host here. Have a question? Contact Me